Aisle 6 worked with Hope Centre International (previously called City Church) to replace an ageing audio system in the 1100-seat auditorium at their Bowen Hills, Brisbane facility.
City Church needed a system that reproduced modern worship music and spoken word with a high degree of clarity. This system was required to deliver audio evenly to a theatre-style auditorium with 270° of seating around the stage. There were also tight budget restrictions.
Aisle 6 arranged a shootout-style audition of a number of systems, with the audition being run by the audio team at City Church. Importantly, none of the brand manufacturers or representatives were present to assist or prejudice the shootout. The systems auditioned included:
- KV2 Audio
- Acoustic Technologies
In all tests, the KV2 Audio system was preferred by all parties. This system also proved to be the most affordable of all systems auditioned.
The final system specified consisted of the following:
- Front of House speakers
- 2 x KV2 Audio ES1.0 (3-way mid/high speaker)
- 2 x KV2 Audio ES2.5 (dual 15″ subwoofer)
- 2 x KV2 Audio EPAK2500R (2500W amplification/control system)
- Side fill speakers
- 2 x KV2 Audio EX10 (2-way active mid/high speaker)
- Rear fill speakers
- 3 x KV2 Audio EX10 (2-way active mid/high speaker)
- Stage monitors
- 11 x KV2 Audio EX10 (2-way active mid/high speaker)
- Mixing console
- Yamaha M7CL/48 Digital Mixing Console
This system has served the church, its partners and venue hirers successfully since the installation. It has been used by international touring acts and has always received positive comments on the power, clarity and size.
Photo by Andrew Porfyri.